2018 ART WALKS • Downtown Bozeman
August 10, 2018 at 6:00pm - 8:00pm
September 14, 2018 at 6:00pm - 8:00pm
The Downtown Bozeman Association, Downtown Bozeman art galleries, and retailers and Emerson Center for the Arts and Culture are proud to present this summer’s Downtown Bozeman Art Walks. The Art Walks occur on the 2nd Friday of the month; June through September and again for our “Winter” Art Walk in December from 6 to 8PM in Downtown Bozeman. The businesses and galleries generally feature artists’ openings and receptions during the event and often provide complimentary hors d’oeuvres and refreshments. The 2018 Art Walk dates are: June 8, July 13, August 10, September 14 & December 14.
Art Walks occur on the second Friday of the month June through September and a special “Winter” Art Walk in December from 6 to 8PM at art galleries and businesses displaying artwork located along Main Street and at the Emerson Center for Arts and Culture. The galleries feature artists’ openings and receptions and often provide hors d’oeuvres and complimentary refreshments. Also, keep an eye out for local musicians playing music as your stroll Main Street in Downtown Bozeman. Find the 2018 Art Walk Map, a complete list of this year's participating businesses and more information at https://downtownbozeman.org/event/art-walks-in-downtown-bozeman-2018.
CLICK HERE for the 2018 Art Walk Map or available at any of the participating businesses. Participating businesses and several July 13 featured artists and openings are included below:
- Alara Jewelry
- Altitude Gallery will be featuring local Bozeman artist Kaetlyn Able. Kaetlyn creates dreamy portraits based on found historical photographs. Using tattoo needles and an x-acto blade, she etches into thin layers of black ink that has been painted onto white clay panels, adding color with acrylic gouache. The artist will be doing a live demonstration of this complex process at Altitude Gallery during the July Art Walk.
- Artists’ Gallery has three featured artists during the month of July; Sunny Jay creates stained glass mosaics depicting her mountainous surroundings, Jeff Sandholm gives local architecture an artistic meaning in oil, and Carmen Stanislao depicts wildlife and pets in detailed bronzes.
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties will be featuring artist Ione Daniels.
- Boho Boze
- Bozeman Art Museum is hosting a “Pop-Up” Exhibition at the Bozeman Public Library (on the lawn)
- Bozeman Spirits Distillery
- Constructive Solutions, Inc.’s July artist is MSU student and artist, Dante Gambardella. Originally from the San Francisco Bay area, Dante moved to Bozeman to attend Montana State University where he currently studies graphic design and ceramics. Dante’s works mainly consist of atmospheric fired pots and paintings of multiple mediums which display his use of abstractive lines and embody his celebration of the imperfect.
- Country Bookshelf is hosting local favorite Mimi Matsuda, with both large and small pieces, such as her cards that they carry year-round.
- CTA Architects Engineers will be showcasing two talented Montana artists Tad Bradley with brilliantly colored fused glass and George Hill with oil paintings of vibrant fish and wildlife.
- D'Ardenne Photography opens at Blend
- Ecce Gallery
- Emerson Center for the Arts & Culture (including the Jessie Wilber, Weaver Room and Front Lobby Galleries) will host several artists including Beau Theige’s Custon Guitars in the Jessie Wilber Gallery, a show titled, Dragged Through the Collective by Keith VanDePol in the Lobby Gallery, and Works on Paper by Sukha Worob in the Weaver Room Gallery.
- Engel & Völkers Bozeman will be featuring Julia Anderson, a self-taught contemporary Montana artist and Gemini Gardens, local landscape designer.
- ERA Landmark is hosting the 2018 Sweet Pea Festival Art show: There were 64 entries and a jury of 4 people chose 34 entries to be in the show. Any type of art was accepted and chosen. Eligibility & Requirements • Original 2D & 3D art of all media, created 2015-present • Size limitations: Works smaller than 40”x40” will be given priority • Open to all artists both amateur and professional residing presently in the state of Montana • Subject matter: Unspecified
- Evrgreen will be featuring artist Kelsey Dzintars
- Four Winds Gallery
- The Gem Gallery is featuring artist Barbara Rusmore. Barbara’s plein air oil paintings explore Montana’s dynamic skies and landforms and share her love of nature’s intimate, deep peace.
- Hattie Rex
- Head West
- Heyday will host Jake Mosher Photography. Jake searches for the beauty in the natural world as seen through his eye and a camera lens. Come enjoy his beautiful shots of night skies, sunsets and sunrises, landscapes, birds, wildlife, and water.
- Indikoi will feature our in-house sign artist! Shop Brandi's handpainted graffiti signs and receive 15% off. The special discount DOES include all special orders placed during art walk. Signs start at just $24 for fun wall art. A great time to create a custom piece of art with your own special quote or jam!
- Intrigue Ink
- Liv Lively Salon & Boutique is featuring artist Jamie Greany.
- Lockhorn Hard Cider is featuring artist George Kalantzes in their tasting room. Kalantzes is a photographer based in Bozeman, whose work is primarily focused on the landscapes in and around southwest Montana.
- Marina Kessler Jewelry is featuring artist Hannah Uhde.
- Meridian Boutique
- Miller’s Jewelry is holding a special "Diamond Dot Sale" -- All of our loose diamonds and quite a bit of finished diamond jewelry will be on sale: $50-$500 OFF! The amount of discount on each item will be designated by various colored dots that will be on the pieces throughout our store (a la DSW's clearance products or the like). We will also be serving our usual complimentary wine from The Wine Gallery that night, as well. This amazing sale will continue all day through Friday, July 13 and Saturday, July 14.
- Montana Gift Corral is featuring Sugarpost Metal Art which are phenomenal American made pieces made of mostly recycled materials, factory seconds and stuff found in the scrap yard. The artist, Fred Conlon describes his work as "innovative metal art that doesn't suck." Great for indoor or outdoor.
- Montana Silversmiths
- Montana Trails Gallery is featuring new works by David Frederick Riley. Riley, a portrait painter by true nature has explored his medium further in portraits of wildlife.
- Old Main Gallery is featuring a solo exhibition, For the People, by John Isaiah Pepion. Pepion is known for his use of antique ledger paper as a canvas for his art creating bold and colorful scenes depicting dancers, animals, and warriors.
- Onyx Studio is featuring artist Parks Reece
- Rare Bird
- Revolvr Menswear is featuring our very own, Lauren C. Woods. She's an amazing, local potter who owns the ceramics company, Hustle Throw Repeat. She will be doing a live show of her work in our store during the event!
- The Rialto is featuring artist Clara DeWeese and Mountain Time Arts. Clara is a n MSU photography student from Portland, Oregon. And Mountain Time Arts will feature; Elly Vadseth-Stormer’s Water Rites, a 3-channel video exploring streams of movement between the human body and bodies of the river. Stormer, raised on a peninsula in Norway, is a summer research intern with Mountain Time Arts.
- Schnee’s Boots and Shoes
- S.L.A.M. Gallery (inside Stuffed)
- Sundog Fine Art will be extending Robert Osborn’s artists reception “Street People and Warriors”. There will be Native Grass Dance and live music.
- Tripp Studio in the Emerson featuring New palette-knife oils by artist Kara Tripp. Refreshments 5-8:30pm www.TrippStudioBozeman.com
- Visions West Contemporary
A HUGE thank you to First Security Bank for supporting our Art Walk musicians. While you stroll from gallery to gallery, you will be able to enjoy live jazz and rock music played by young musicians from the area. You can find these artists, ensembles and/or bands at the following rotating locations: First Security Bank, US Bank, Soroptimist Park and the Emerson Center for Arts and Culture.
This FREE community event is brought to you by our gracious sponsors; Blackfoot, KBZK, XL Country 100.7, 95.1 The Moose, First Security Bank, Allegra Marketing, Print & Mail and The Bozeman Daily Chronicle. The Art Walks are open to the public and will go on rain or shine.
For more information, please visit https://downtownbozeman.org/events